Sunday, October 24, 2010

8 is GREAT!!

Wow! I can't believe my little girl is already 8!! And boy does it seem like she has grown up quickly (especially in the last few months!)!! We started celebrating the weekend before her birthday so all our family could be there. On Friday night we met Nana and Grandma at the mall and went to Justice. If you haven't ever been into Justice, it is pretty crazy, and in the words of my husband, your little girls become teenagers just walking into that store! Madison had the time of her life! We went around the store picking out all kinds of clothes to try on and then had a mini-fashion show to decide what we were going to purchase. Papa and Nana and Grandpa and Grandma went together and bought her a ton of new Justice clothes!! On Saturday night we had everyone over to our house to eat cake and open her other gifts. Here she is waiting to blow out her candles. I love this picture, you can tell how much fun she was having!!

She received a lot of clothes and plenty of money to buy more! This is a picture of her opening one of her cards and finding some money. She couldn't be happier!!

Her brother loved playing with her musical cards and obviously was just cracking up at them!!


Aunt Tiya took the tissue paper and constructed a new "dress" for Madison.

Great-Grandma was able to come and help celebrate. What a cute picture of her and 3 of her great-grandchildren! (Don't ask me what the crazy look is on Taegan's face. We just asked him to smile!)

On her actual birthday we had 8 girls come over for pizza and a sleepover. Madison wanted an 80's sleepover party. Here she is all dressed up with her sunglasses and gloves before the party!
And here is her father... He had to go all out in the 80's gear too. (This is why I went to Cici's to get the pizza!)
After dinner, we had a fashion show. All the girls' parents were such great sports with the 80's clothing request. They went all out and it was a lot of fun! I was the photographer... I hope you're ready!!
The birthday girl, Madison!

Ashlyn!
KayLynn!
Kayden!
Karley!
Jillian!
Alyson!
Emily!
Amanda!
Our group shot!!

Madison ready to blow out the candles!

Cake time!
Madison had so much fun! (Don and I were a little tired, but so happy she had a great birthday.) I still can't believe how fast time flies. It doesn't seem possible that Madison should be 8. I wish time would slow down sometimes. I'm afraid if I blink all my babies will be gone. Happy Birthday to my first baby, Madison!! Mommy loves you more than you will ever know!!!

No comments: