Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Time!!!

I know, it has been a long time since Halloween, but we have been really busy and honestly, I thought I had already blogged about it. Guess not!! So... time to catch up!!
Madison chose to be Barbie Mariposa this year. She loved the outfit and we already had the book for the school's book parade. We made the flower headband and she was set. This is a picture before she went outside into the horrible wind for the parade.

Here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Scott, during the parade. It was really windy and pretty chilly, but she had so much fun!!

After the parade the class party started. Here she is at her desk ready to chow down on some yummy treats.

After the treats were gone, they decorated a Halloween bag and played some fun games. I enjoyed just hanging back and watching for a change, which was very nice!!

Lily wanted to be a ballerina this year. Certainly not an elaborate costume, but very cheap and since she is taking ballet, it can double as an costume for that as well. Here she is before her parade at Prince of Peace.

A quick shot during the parade around the gym.

After they parade around the gym they all gather in the middle and sing all kinds of Halloween songs that they have learned. They are really cute and Lily loves the music!!

Once the music was over, it was time to attempt a class picture. That was interesting, but I think we got most of the class half-way looking at the camera.

It ended up Halloween day and we still hadn't carved our pumpkins. So, we opted to just carve one. Don and the girls headed that up and I just snapped pictures. I love the look on Lily's face!!

They sure look like they are having a lot of fun!! (And don't ask me why they are both wearing tank tops on such a chilly day and sitting on my kitchen table too! I have no idea!! Apparently it seemed okay at the time.)

Here is a shot of Don helping carve the pumpkin after it was clean. He may look a little funny - he was attempting to be Larry the Cable Guy, but I don't think you could really tell. =)

Here is the finished pumpkin all lit up that night. They really did do a great job since it was so quick and now I get to save the other pumpkins as decoration until Thanksgiving!!
After carving the pumpkin, we quickly got changed and fixed the girls hair. I LOVE this picture, I just wish it was a little brighter. They really do love each other, even if I don't see it all the time!
Taegan wasn't in the best of moods when we were preparing for trick-or-treating. So, here is a picture of him once we got to a friend's house and we were ready to begin. He really got into then!! He looks like Bob the Builder, but it was really just a costume Gymboree was selling. It wasn't anything I was out looking for, but we couldn't find anything else I liked and once I saw it on him, he looked so cute! But, as I told Don, I think you could put a paper sack on him and he would look adorable!!

Here is the big group shot before the madness began. What a bunch!!!

We all went trick-or-treating around Sherwood Park for a while. The kids didn't walk door to door. They RAN!!! They didn't even take the time to go on the sidewalks. Nope. They just ran through the grass to the next door. You would think we never let any of them have a single piece of candy!
It was really cold, but they all made it through. Here is a shot mid-way through. They look so cute!
Once we got back home, Don wrangled Jack into a dog Superman costume and we attempted to get a picture of the kids and him. Not an easy task!! Here is one of the pictures. Not the best of Jack, but a better one of my kids (and really who is more important)!! Don then took the kids and Jack around some of our neighborhood. Apparently our "Superdog" was a big hit!
We had a great Halloween and I hope you did too!! I can't believe we are so close to Thanksgiving!!

No comments: