Monday, August 17, 2009

Last Week of Summer Vacation Activities!

I can't believe summer vacation is over. School has begun and so has our crazy schedule! I tried to make Madison's last week of summer really fun for her (and Lily and Taegan). It started out with a trip to the zoo last Saturday. It was so hot, but we made it and they had so much fun.

Taegan seems a little worried...















Lily and the chimp looking at each other.

























































Taegan loved the big cats!

















The girls showing Taegan around the zoo. He is so spoiled!!

















Then on Wednesday, we decided to go bowling and then have a picnic at the park. Note to self: my family does not like picnics (unless we can find some bug-free picnic spot)! They don't like bugs and certainly don't want to eat with them! I can't really blame them - I was trying to be the fun mom!

Lily getting her ball.


































Don helping Taegan bowl. His first time!!





















My 3 bowlers!!
















Then on Thursday night, Madison had her "Meet the Teacher Night". We went up to the school and she/I put away all her school supplies and got to meet Mrs. Krueger. Here she is at her new desk.
















Madison and Mrs. Krueger - she seemed so nice!



















Finally, on Friday we went and played putt-putt at Safari Golf. They really enjoyed it, especially the fact we were the only people there! I think their favorite part was running over the hills on one particular hole. I finally had to make them stop so we could move on. After this we finished off our day by meeting Don for lunch in Lawrence.




















I hope they all had a great summer and now... bring on the school year!!!!

No comments: