Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pre-Halloween Activities

Madison's Halloween parade at school was inside this year (it was so cold outside). Don, Lily, Taegan and I were there to watch and then I stayed to help with the Halloween party in her classroom. She had such a great time. They played all kinds of fun games and of course got some candy too! Here are some pictures of all the fun!


The next day we did our annual pumpkin carving at the Engel house. I helped Lily carve her pumpkin and surprisingly, I came up with something actually creative! I'm normally a triangle eyes, nose and regular mouth kind of girl, but she and I worked together and this is the creation we made. Lily really, really, wanted ears, so I made sure she had some. Madison and Don made her pumpkin - so cute!! (Notice that both of the girls' pumpkins have eyelashes!!) And then Don, who had never carved a pumpkin until I met him, made this interesting creation. The girls thought it was so funny!!! Mommy, Taegan and Reese's didn't get carved. We left them whole so we can save them as decorations for Thanksgiving. We all had a great time, as always and we all loved the result when they were all lit up that night!!!

No comments: