Friday, May 29, 2009

Taegan's 1st Birthday!!!

I can't believe my baby boy is a year old! It seems like just yesterday he was born and now he is 1. WOW!!

Here he is a year ago. What a sweet baby boy, so quiet and not in to everything!














For his party we rented the Yacht Club at Lake Shawnee. I found a surf theme cake online and asked Don's mom to recreate it. Here is the finished product. I thought it turned out great and everyone seemed to really love the taste!!



















This was not Taegan's first party. The weekend before he had his first birthday party in Carthage, where my parents live. He really loved the cake I made him then and dug right in.














Fast forward to his party here and he really didn't care for it. I spent all this time making him a surfboard shaped cake to match his room and he wasn't interested. He looked at it, I pushed his fingers in and he really just looked annoyed. I think he was overly exhausted by that time. So, we gave him a fork and spoon and let him play in it and called it good.



















Then... he got what he wanted... a bath!! He loves bath time!!!















He (and Mommy) had a great time opening all his gifts. He got all kinds of great presents and he has been enjoying them all! His sisters have also been playing with them and they seem to think they are great as well!





After the party was over, we put Taegan in his stroller and started cleaning up. Within minutes I looked over and this was him... OUT!!! I guess he really was tired!

Happy Birthday sweet baby boy!!! Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

Laura Fluke said...

That is awesome... I can't believe he is one... and now Mia is right behind him. It all goes by way too fast!!! Congrats on your lil' man!